Element-obsessed survival sport SCUM passes a million gross sales
Gamepires’ intensely detail-oriented survival sport SCUM has cleared a million gross sales after debuting on Steam Early Entry final month. As beforehand reported, it is Devolver Digital’s “largest launch ever.”
The sport’s reputation checks out. Between its low value level and phrase of mouth about its advanced simulation, SCUM simply looks like a Steam hit within the making. (No joke: there is a real-time readout on your character’s digestion.) Whether or not it could actually retain that momentum over the subsequent yr in Early Entry is but to be seen, however clearly, it is off to an amazing begin. The builders are arrange for fulfillment.
This is what Steam customers are saying:
- I care extra about what I eat on this sport than in actual life.” -Kerbo
- “Cannibalism.” -HudBudd
- “Studying a number of the opinions you’ll assume this sport was marketed as a Battle Royale or one thing. It is a survival sport. Essentially the most enjoyable I’ve had on this sport have been searching bears with a spear, skinning them and then sporting their disguise as a trophy.” -OverlordOfSalt
- “Much less 13YO boys than RUST.” -xbobthebuilder
- “It’s extremely clearly taken inspiration from different video games like DayZ and ARMA. Should you’ve performed these then you can leap into this fairly simply. Like within the ARMA sequence there is a good quantity of depth to weapons, which I all the time recognize. For instance, you must load particular person bullets into weapons if you do not have magazines for them. Thought that was a pleasant contact.” -Zach Fett
- “Will in all probability get to a degree the place I will get ‘content material hungry’ since many options are but to come back however thus far I am having fun with myself wandering round.” -Njunja
- “In case you are on the lookout for a PVP solely sport, I do not assume this can be a sport for you. Should you simply wish to run, discover a weapon and hunt different gamers you will get bored fairly quickly as a result of you must maintain your character’s metabolism to keep up your vitality and stamina regeneration.” -bAKe
- “I pooped down a chimney.” -OddBawZ
You do you, SCUM. It is completely not for me, however I respect this dang online game.